Camel 31
Years ago

Tigers vs Taipans

Having a look at NBL live scores, although there's more of a Mazda on there, in the way.
Julius Hodge from Harlem, 1 assist, on your way to POTW.

Topic #21667 | Report this topic

man of the moment  
Years ago

hodge only 4 points and 3 assists at half time also has 3 turnovers. taipans winning 45 to 39

Reply #258020 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I wonder whether mazda are NBL sponsors (rather than armed forces).

Reply #258021 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

now has 6 turnovers to go with 10 points and 4 assists. taipans up 64-59 at 3 quarter time

Reply #258022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the other game perth are leading 56 to 38 at the half in gold coast

Reply #258025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans win 86 to 83. tigers are in deep trouble with an abysimal 3-8 record.

Reply #258026 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

2 Home Losses since signing Hodge. Love it!!!

Reply #258027 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Cairns thanks to clutch free throws by Mills held their nerve and despite 6 turnovers in final quarter hung on for win on road and relegate Melbourne to stone motherless.
Great game, Phil Jones.
Maybe there is a God after all, dispensing basketball justice???

Reply #258028 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

Yeah the cancer has definitely made his home in Melbourne! I never did see him working out at Melbourne. He suited our free lance non offensive set offense, not an offense that is revolved around cuts and motion. Hodge creates his own shot while others stand around, that's not Melbourne's offense.
In his last interview, he stated "you're going to see a lot more wins", I never realised he was talking about the opposition!!!

Reply #258029 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

bit of an upset there cairns beating melbourne in melbourne so much for hodge making a big difference. Hodge had 16 points on 6 of 8 shooting, weird he only had 8 shots also was 4 from 4 from the FT line, also had 6 turnovers 4 assists 2 steals and a block. Young daniel johnson had 19 points and 6 boards for melbourne, while for cairns phil jones had 21 points at a very nice clip and 7 boards, gd all round team performance from cairns.

Reply #258030 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

mmmm.. 31mins , 16pts FG 75% FT 100% , 1 rb, 4ass, 2st 1blk, narrow team loss.. Aw - 6 T/Os...

I wonder..

Reply #258031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldnt be funnier

Reply #258032 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Blaze having a go at it.. BIG 3rd. qtr.

Reply #258034 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

gold coast have come back from 18 down to level scores at 3 quarter time, wildcats looked so gd in the first half were very ordinary under some pressure from the blaze in that quarter. Big schencsh has 4 fouls.

Reply #258035 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

the blaze get up, remarkable comeback!
Maxey wiv massive 3 wiv 30 seconds left to give them the lead

Reply #258039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With 75% FG and 100% FT definately POTW again

Reply #258042 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

JUDAS HODGE, YOU ARE 0-2.

This is just hilarious. I'm loving it! I mean Cairns are the worst team in the league!... or maybe not...

Still though, easy POTW.

Reply #258052 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Two fantastic games for the basketball purists.
Cairns show their Breakers win was no flash in the pan, and Blaze showed if you hang tough anything is possible.
Surely this is one of the best seasons in recent times.
Rychart POTW and Aaron Fearne coach of month for the way his players have got off the canvas.

Reply #258054 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

its amazing the turn around (so far)of cairns.
defensivly they have been keeping teams to beatable scores and now seem to have a lot more freedom in their offence for individuals to score.

coaches over coaching.......i mean,weigh has 3 fouls in the first qtr then you dont see him again till after half time.
coach should really milk the kids momentum,if he fouls out he will learn from that.
for some reason all the coaches are doing that this year.
nz look a bit like they may be over coaching/thinking things also.
the gongers seem to look the most patient team this year,gordie has really matured as an nbl head coach and his team looks to have the faith.

Reply #258059 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tigers are going down the drain fast...

Picture of Seamus in today's Herald-Sun showing him giving the bird to what appars to be the referees at last night's game! Wonder if that will raise a few eyebrows from the NBL?

Reply #258060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns had a good win over New Zealand on Wednesday so they're no easybeats X. Don't tell me we're now going to have a commentary on every game Hodge plays - surely sixer fans have given him enough thought - why don't we all just move on? It's quite embarrassing really that people are providing updates on everything he does. You know what they say about building a bridge!

Reply #258061 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hodge has just gone to the milk bar for the paper and some bread.

Reply #258063 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's the dairy for Adelaideians!

Reply #258064 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Reply #258067 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Tigers 3 games clear on the bottom of the table. Life doesn't getmuch better than this!

Reply #258068 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The NBL mentioned the Tigers signed former sixers import who was POTW and did a few dunks last nite and their next game is against Adelaide...
Not sure that we are commenting on everything he does, but Tigers on the bottom, top 2 teams on 7 wins,next 5 teams on 6 wins and the like...

Reply #258069 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Man I was at this game and it was so good i cheered for Cairns and Hodge was truly terrible couldnt hold it onto the ball if his life depended on it. Funny as the announcer and Mcpeake nearly got ejected so good.

Reply #258070 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

lets not get too cocky, you would hate for that first win to come at our expense.

Reply #258073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes it worse that the tigers spanked adelaide on their home court not too long ago. Supporters of unsuccessful teams always love to see dominant teams fail (and that's what the tigers have been the past 4 years). Given the sixers recent history I don't think you've all got too much to be cocky about. Don't get too far ahead of yourselves and concentrate on your own team.

Reply #258077 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

*chews popcorn*

Cheers for the train wreck Julius. Hilarious.

Reply #258084 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Hodge blows, love it

Reply #258092 | Report this post

mball  
Years ago

And Phill Jones for player of the round!

Reply #258197 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Phill Jones was a good score for the Taipans and a big loss for NZ.

Reply #258203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Mon 3 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754