Ryan
Years ago

Ticketek backing out of NBL Cup ticket vouchers?

Back before the NBL Cup began, the NBL announced that all ticket prices would be changing to $10, and anyone who has purchased tickets at a higher price will be receiving free tickets to the games to account for the difference.

"Existing general admission ticket holders will be contacted by Ticketek and will receive additional tickets to the value of the difference between the initial purchase price and the new price of $10 for use on other NBL Cup games. For example, if they purchased a seat at $40 they will receive three additional tickets to their initially purchased seat."

https://nbl.com.au/news/thank-you-victoria-10-tickets-for-fans-as-nbl-cup-tips-off-tomorrow

We are about halfway through the cup, and myself and other people I know who purchased early tickets have still not been contacted. As a keen supporter of the NBL, I bought a good amount of tickets, and would be owned more tickets than there is even games left.

I'm fairly surprised I haven't seen any backlash on this anywhere else, has there been any updates? -Note I have contacted ticketek over a week ago and was ignored

Topic #48149 | Report this topic

Johnno  
Years ago

I doubt tiketek would be keen to pay out on these if they aren't facing pressure.

Reply #834988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont see why they wouldnt follow through,games arent selling out so it shouldn't cost them anything.

On the other hand if you buy something then it goes on sale, you dont have a right to the difference back. You just missed out.

Reply #834993 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

I agree with you on that, they went on sale after I purchased them, which is bad luck for me and doesn't give me a right to any discounts.

Difference is they advertised they were giving free tickets to those people, making it false advertising, which isn't legal.

Reply #834994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree! Hope they follow through on what they've announced.

Reply #834996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I keep saying it $10 a ticket and $6 booking fee, That's a serious rip off.

Reply #835008 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If you show up at the stadium can you buy tickets directly at the window to avoid the booking fee?

Reply #835010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ryan - head to the NBL Cup gameday link on Ticketek for the day you would like to claim tickets for. In the box under Find Tickets that says 'please enter your password' you enter your Ticketek customer ID number. That will give you access to free tickets, and when you claim them you don’t have to pay the ticket handling fee so will cost $0.

Reply #835013 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Sneaky way to bump up the crowd numbers?

Reply #835016 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Also, while legally you may not have a leg to stand on if the drop the ticket prices after you've purchased, considering it would have been the super fans that bought them early, you're really annoying a lot of your loyal followers

Reply #835017 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Thanks Anon #013. Looks like that works. Baffling they didn't send that information out as an email. Or at least myself and the people I know all missed it.

Reply #835019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incredible that they advertised we would get free tickets... yet forgot to let us know how!
I mean I was fine not getting freebies, as I had a good time when I went, but they said they would give some.
Thanks a lot for the tip

Reply #835031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No worries Ryan, they definitely didn't let anyone know! I just saw Ticketek respond to someone else on Twitter about how to do it

Reply #835035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The $6 booking fee is per transaction. So 4 tickets cost $46, for example. Not that bad!

Reply #835038 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Even $16 for two games is damn cheap. Some have to have a whinge

Reply #835039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please stop saying 2 games for frikkin $10 then. Of course it's cheap advertise the full price pretty simple.

Reply #835051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sneaky way to bump up the crowd numbers?"

As if they care about NBL Cup crowd numbers!

Reply #835062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its cheap but this whole cup thing has been a balls up from the league.

I for one got no call for extra tickets or refunds on the $40 price paid its a disgrace

Reply #835249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:04 pm, Mon 3 Jun 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754