EssenX
Two years ago

Breakers sign Dan Fotu from St Mary’s

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/300588305/nz-breakers-unveil-latest-signing-daniel-fotu-coming-home-to-help-the-rebuild

Anyone know how his stats and play from College will translate to the NBL?

Will the Breakers now target Isaac Fotu?

Topic #50072 | Report this topic

Weedy Slug  
Two years ago

a good 6'7 defender in the post.

Reply #892205 | Report this post

Captain88  
Two years ago

He was a 7th or 8th guy for a team that over achieved and made the tournament, wasn't ever asked to do more than hustle and play defence over his time there. Probably projects as a lesser version of a Dillon Boucher type.

Reply #892215 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Two years ago

Given the struggles the Breakers have been through over the past few seasons it's impressive that they've gone out and got a signature, someone who is willing to go through what they've been going through for two years now. Given NZ's modest talent he's probably a guy right on the Tall Blacks cusp so in those terms he's a big signing who probably could have gone to another NBL club in the right situation. Really hope they are able to play at home soon.

Reply #892244 | Report this post

An1234  
Two years ago

Good signing. Solid 6'7 4/3 that will work hard. Give time to develop and will be a solid player for a long time

Reply #892269 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Two years ago

Glad Dan Fotu signed. I just don't know how two 6'7' combo forwards without a jump shot (Galloway and Fotu) can co-exist on the same bench. I don't know if he'll be a key bench guy - suspect he's taking Isaac Davidson's role at the end of the bench.

Reply #892402 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Two years ago

I think I read the Breakers didn't take up Galloway's option.

Reply #892405 | Report this post

Mystro  
Two years ago

SpatialJam's NBL transaction tracker said Isaac Davidson had his "club option declined" and Kyrin Galloway "opt out/cut".

Rob Loe
Sam Timmins
Tom Abercrombie
Dan Fotu

The above players are currently contracted for next season with NZ along with Hugo Besson & Ousmane Dieng who will probably be drafted and then their contracts bought out.

Reply #892421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Wed 22 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754